The P G Wodehouse Society (UK) exists to promote the enjoyment of the greatest humorous writer in the history of the English language. A man who wrote more than 70 novels over a period of more than 70 years, who wrote in excess of 300 short stories, contributed at least 800 pieces to about 80 journals and who, by writing more than 200 lyrics for musical comedies, is acknowledged to be one of the founders of the modern stage-musical, can hardly be described in less flattering terms.
To ensure members can derive the greatest possible fun and pleasure from the wide variety of P G Wodehouse's work, by publications, articles, films, stage productions, radio and television programmes, group discussions, outings, debates, lunches and dinners.
The Subscription Year is from 1 June to 31 May and the subscription is £22.
Click here to go to the membership application form
A subscription to The P G Wodehouse Society will entitle you to:
● a Welcome Letter;
● a quarterly journal, Wooster Sauce;
● a quarterly supplement, By the Way;
● access to such arrangements as the Society can negotiate for discounts on commercially produced Wodehouse publications;
● invitations to events arranged for members by the Organising Committee from time to time; and
● the opportunity to join, or help to form, local groups of enthusiasts for promoting further activities.
HRH The Duke of Kent KG
Sir Alan Ayckbourn CBE
Henry Blofeld OBE
Simon Callow CBE
Victoria Coren Mitchell
Martin Jarvis OBE
Griff Rhys Jones OBE
Rt Hon Lord Scott
Dr Shashi Tharoor
The Hon Christopher Bellew, Website Editor
Hilary Bruce, Chairman
Sir Edward Cazalet
Christine Hewitt, Secretary and Membership Secretary
Elin Murphy, Editor, Wooster Sauce
Ian Nilo-Walton, Treasurer
Bryan Williams, Database Manager
Sue Williams, Database Manager